Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com: Gay Men And Body Image: An Expert Sounds Off

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
Gay Men And Body Image: An Expert Sounds Off
Jan 27th 2013, 14:33

Bad body image is not a plight reserved for heterosexual women.

"I am so sick of my body. I lift weights every day; I eat protein shakes and do everything my trainer says ... and I'm still too skinny!" I pause wondering how to respond.

To show that I understand his angst, I want to assure him that being skinny is a good thing; he should be happy he isn't overweight; he's only 24. But before I can respond, he asks "How old were you when you finally started bulk up?" exclaming, "I hate the way I look! I need more muscle definition in order to get a boyfriend."


Read More...
More on LGBT

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive